Figure: Giske Defending. Credit: www.sports-graphics.com
This article contains exercises that are designed to improve your ability to execute the basic defending skills.
In these exercises, we focus on the quality of defending positions, footwork and defending against a throw-in.
Excercise 1: Defending Positions
Click here to go to the excercise!
- Test and compare the defending positions that can be achieved by varying the quality of the LFT position.
- Practice different defending positions.
- Explore the impact that the quality of the LFT position has on a player’s ability to execute a defending position.
The rest of this article includes:
- Excercise 2: Footwork
- Excercise 3: 1v1 Against Right-facing Attacker
- Excercise 4: Marking by Throw-in
These exercises, along with 10 other articles, you will find in our book:
Click her for to see our products
We offer eBooks, web-course and a videoportal. Have a look of what we can offer.