Exercise 1. 1v1 Imitation – Testing and Practising Defending Positions
Category: Imitation training
Objectives: Experience first-hand the differences that the quality of the LFT position has on your performance. Improve the quality of your LFT position (good working conditions.
- The players behave as they would typically do during a match
- Pressing in the frontal defending position.
Let the player test and feel the effect that “bad” and “good” LFT positions have on performance.
Practice pressing in the frontal defending position with a high-quality LFT position.
- The ball rests (imagined 1v1 situation)
- Two players work together
- 6-8m between the cones
Repeat the same exercise in the side-on defending position and the slanted defending position.
- Excercise 2: Footwork
- Excercise 3: 1v1 Against Right-facing Attacker
- Excercise 4: Marking by Throw-in
These exercises, along with 10 other articles, you will find in our book:
“The Ultimate Guide to Football Defence
– Unique and Fundamental Knowledge of Defence Skills”.